Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Parting thoughts

I finished packing. It's almost 3am. In spite of my rather pointed dislike of packing, I seem to have done a fairly decent job of it. Everything has been carefully placed in one of two suitcases, neither of which is too heavy, and the remainder stored in a plastic storage bin for shipment in a few months. I even managed to include my heavy winter coat, three pairs of shoes and one pair of winter boots!

There are a few knicknacks left that I'll offer to friends or simply throw away. My one unaccomplished task was to find someone who'd like an extra-long single bed with mattress. It's made of solid wood, quality stuff, and I got it from a guy who supplies surrounding universities. Friendly fellow as I recall. Anyhow, I figure a posting to the international listserve ought to take care of that.

I suppose I should have something more interesting to say as my seven weeks on the American continent come to an end, but the lateness of the hour has drained me and I really ought to catch some zzz's before tomorrow. If you'd like to follow along, I'll be reading three of the World Order of Bahá’u’lláh letters, "The Dispensation of Bahá’u’lláh", "The Goal of a New World Order" and "The Unfoldment of World Civilization," all by Shoghi Effendi, in preparation for the Changing Times conference. Some excellent speakers on the program this year, including Mr. Glenford Mitchell, member of the Universal House of Justice, and his wife, Dr. Bahia Mitchell.

1 comment:

Erin Gail said...

So, I've been reading the absolute truth quote for quite sometime and I think I finally understand it.

I think the rest of the quote means that often times we ask Jesus questions such as what is truth expecting a concrete answer. A yes or no. A specific guide. We ask Jesus questions as a crutch, expecting to hear something that will make our lives easier. But the truth is that we simply have to believe in Him and and trust Him. Not use Him as a way to explain away our behavior.

Does that make sense?