Saturday, December 16, 2006

Home sweet home


My first full day at home. I'm more tired than I would have believed. After getting a haircut (picture yet to be posted) I went to International Grounds for a few hours (a Stratford coffeeshop owned by a very young couple who happen to be good friends of ours) and had a double shot latte (perhaps that's why the picture's shaky... not). Revised my abstract for the German Physical Science Conference in Regensburg in March. Then Dad came and met met me. Also bought two new pairs of shoes: winter shoes from Merrell and a beautiful pair of brown leather Hush Puppies. I can't tell you how long I've wanted a pair of brown dress casual shoes. Now if only I had somewhere to wear them... I do have the outfit though. Bought it at the Gap outlet store in Waterloo on the way home yesterday. Let's hear it for outlet stores, yeah! We actually stopped at outlet malls in Waterloo anddd in Niagara Falls. Pretty sweet. I had a burger from Burger King and I've decided to forgo all fast food burger joints. Their food is only marginally better than that stuff you buy in vending machines and heat up in a microwave, and they charge you way too much for it. So bye-bye to bad food and good riddance. I won't miss you at all.

1 comment:

Erin Gail said...

dear amgad,
i'm glad that you continue to enjoy my blog. the comments are much appreciated - kind of like finding a dollar you didn't know you had in your pocket.
also, i'm glad you've kissed fast food goodbye. you're a better man for it.
truly, erin