Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Back to reality

Another day, another night. Sitting in Starbucks sipping a Chai Latte (i've decided to reduce my consumption of coffee) and randomly surfing the web. Tonight was the second dance show I've seen in three days. Friday evening was faculty choreographies, which were complex and intellectual. Tonight's were mostly student choreographies, simple, beautiful, creative... I loved it. The purity of spirit expressed through dance, through voice, through gesture. One piece in particular touched me by the harmony she maintained among the three dancers. That, and it was the only piece that was racially diverse. Yeah, every student chose dancers of their skin colour to be in their pieces except this one black girl, Paige I believe was her name, who had a white, a brown and a black girl in her piece. The girl next to me (who I'd met at the interfaith dinner a few weeks back and was in Friday's performance) noticed the same thing. I wonder...

No comments: